We seek talented collaborators to join the practice. We welcome highly motivated candidates who can work effectively in a team environment and contribute new insights into our office culture. Current openings are listed below.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices in Toronto, Jerusalem, Singapore and Shanghai to support ongoing projects, Safdie Architects is constantly engaged in the design of a diverse range of projects in terms of building type, scale and geographic location. Current work in design and construction includes the National Medal of Honor Museum in South Carolina; a residential tower in Manhattan; medical education and research facilities in Sao Paulo, Brazil; a hospital in Cartagena, Colombia; and mixed-use developments in Saudi Arabia, China and Singapore.
Safdie Architects is seeking to add an in-house Architectural Archivist to their design studio in Somerville, MA. The Archivist will work directly with Moshe Safdie and the studio’s Principals to determine the significance of source material, oversee the transfer of materials to the Safdie Archive at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, and direct the internal asset and knowledge management activities of the studio.
Currently comprised of material from 235 projects, the Moshe Safdie Archive records the progression of Safdie's career from his first unpublished university papers to the firm’s current projects. The collection includes 140,000 drawings, over 200 architectural models, extensive project files, audio visual and digital material, 100,000 project photos and travel slides, 215 personal sketchbooks, and 2,250 large sketches.
- manage the processing and preservation of original sketches and models
- maintain archive of original and digitized visual materials and other digital assets, including video, film, publications, and articles
- collaborate with McGill’s Canadian Architecture Collection on archival standards
- organize, catalogue, and transfer materials to the Safdie Archive and other locations
- collaborate with project leaders to develop best practices and procedures for in-house records management and tracking of active project-related materials
- support communications, publications and exhibition initiatives as it relates to the retrieval and lending of archival materials
Preference given to candidates with:
- Advanced degree in library science, architecture, art history and/or equivalent professional experience
- Prior experience with an architectural practice and/or architectural archive
- Strong knowledge of archival standards and protocols, digital standards, and collections management
- Experience using and managing Digital Asset Management programs
Visit the Safdie Archive page for more information.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Architectural Archivist.
BIM / Technology Manager
Safdie Architects is seeking an experienced and hands-on BIM / Technology Manager with excellent communication and organizational skills.
As a role designed to support the design teams, the BIM / Technology Manager works directly with all of the firm’s Project Managers to ensure the stable operation of all design and management software and coordinate across all of the firm’s ongoing projects.
He/she will ensure that SA is up to date on BIM standards and technology, provide the necessary training and support to staff and ensure best practice use of our Project Information Management system (Newforma). He/she will be expected to interact and coordinate with their peers with our consultants’ offices and act as the liaison between our in-house IT Manager and outsourced IT vendor for issues as they come up with regards to software and hardware.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement;
- Coordination and management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up;
- Development and configuration of BIM and PIMS software (with IT Manager);
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team; Provide or organize training for new hires and continuous training for current staff;
- Assist project teams with modeling, detailing and multi-discipline coordination and collision checking;
- Conduct research on new and emerging BIM technologies and standards or technologies/standards that can be leveraged through existing CAD investments;
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating latest version releases and customization of the product;
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in the building design/construction environment;
- Highly proficient in Revit, Rhino and AutoCAD;
- Proficient in Office 365 products and services;
- Working knowledge in Dynamo and Grasshopper;
- Working knowledge of Newforma;
- Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software network infrastructure;
- Ability to prioritize and plan for work activities in a timely manner;
- All applicants must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com