We seek talented collaborators to join the practice. We welcome highly motivated candidates who can work effectively in a team environment and contribute new insights into our office culture. Current openings are listed below.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices in Toronto, Jerusalem, Singapore and Shanghai to support ongoing projects, Safdie Architects is constantly engaged in the design of a diverse range of projects in terms of building type, scale and geographic location. Current work in design and construction includes an expansion of Marina Bay Sands in Singapore; a residential tower in Quito, Ecuador; medical education and research facilities in Sao Paulo, Brazil; a hospital in Cartagena, Colombia; and mixed-use developments in China and Singapore.
Studio Operations Coordinator
Safdie Architects is looking for an experienced architect to support the firm’s Principals in an operational role for their international design practice. You will be an integral part of the highly collaborative studio, with an opportunity to combine your creative background in architecture with your strong organizational, analytical and people-management skills.
Talent / Resources
- Work with Principals on recruitment and retention, including allocation and staffing assignments, utilization and productivity, and talent development.
- Coordinate internships and the firm’s research fellowship program.
- Collaborate with HR and the firm’s Principals on performance reviews and professional development initiatives and programs.
- During the pursuit phase, assist Principals in developing preliminary project plans, assembling consultant teams, and preparing professional services proposals.
- Work with project managers to develop and monitor project work plans, initiate project kick-offs, and organize periodic reviews of project documents and deliverables.
- Monitor contract management and applications for additional services.
- Professional degree in architecture or other design-related discipline. Licensure is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience within a design practice, with experience as a team leader or project manager.
- Experience with effective project management, including work plans, staff resourcing and utilization, project budgets and financial performance. Experience with Deltek Ajera or equivalent is welcome.
- Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with people at a variety of levels.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
BIM / Technology Manager
Safdie Architects is seeking an experienced and hands-on BIM / Technology Manager with excellent communication and organizational skills.
In support of our design teams, the BIM Manager works directly with the firm’s Project Managers to ensure the stable operation of all BIM software and processes across all of the firm’s projects.
He/she will ensure that SA is up to date on BIM standards and technology, coordinate any necessary training and support to staff and ensure best practices are in place to implement BIM standards. He/she is expected to interact and coordinate with their peers at our consultants’ offices in the creation, execution and maintenance of BIM execution plans for all projects throughout their duration and act as the liaison between our in-house IT Manager and outsourced IT vendors with regards to BIM related hardware and software issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement;
- Coordination and management of BIM project data sets/workflows and initial project set up.
- Negotiation, implementation and maintenance of all BIM execution plans.
- Development and configuration of BIM and PIMS software (with IT Manager);
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team; Provide or organize training for new hires and continuous training for current staff;
- Research on new and emerging BIM technologies and standards.
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating latest version releases and customization of the product;
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in the building design/construction environment;
- Highly proficient in BIM and related software (primarily Revit)
- Working knowledge in Dynamo and Grasshopper is a plus;
- Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software network infrastructure is a plus;
- All applicants must have the authorization to work within the United States.
All interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to BIMemployment@safdiearchitects.com.