We seek talented collaborators to join the practice. We welcome highly motivated candidates who can work effectively in a team environment and contribute new insights into our office culture. Current openings are listed below.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices in Toronto, Jerusalem, Singapore and Shanghai to support ongoing projects, Safdie Architects is constantly engaged in the design of a diverse range of projects in terms of building type, scale and geographic location. Current work in design and construction includes an expansion of Marina Bay Sands in Singapore; a residential tower in Quito, Ecuador; medical education and research facilities in Sao Paulo, Brazil; a hospital in Cartagena, Colombia; and mixed-use developments in China and Singapore.
Studio Operations Coordinator
Safdie Architects is looking for an experienced architect to support the firm’s Principals in an operational role for their international design practice. You will be an integral part of the highly collaborative studio, with an opportunity to combine your creative background in architecture with your strong organizational, analytical and people-management skills.
Talent / Resources
- Work with Principals on recruitment and retention, including allocation and staffing assignments, utilization and productivity, and talent development.
- Coordinate internships and the firm’s research fellowship program.
- Collaborate with HR and the firm’s Principals on performance reviews and professional development initiatives and programs.
- During the pursuit phase, assist Principals in developing preliminary project plans, assembling consultant teams, and preparing professional services proposals.
- Work with project managers to develop and monitor project work plans, initiate project kick-offs, and organize periodic reviews of project documents and deliverables.
- Monitor contract management and applications for additional services.
- Professional degree in architecture or other design-related discipline. Licensure is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience within a design practice, with experience as a team leader or project manager.
- Experience with effective project management, including work plans, staff resourcing and utilization, project budgets and financial performance. Experience with Deltek Ajera or equivalent is welcome.
- Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with people at a variety of levels.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org