As senior partner who leads Safdie Architects’ office in Singapore, Charu speaks at URA Roundtable: Art in Public Space on the different ways, means, and forms of art engaging with the public realm and examining the impact of art engagement within the public realm and what it means for today and future Singapore.
This talk that brings together artists, art commissioners, curator, architectural designer and academic is jointly organized by Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Real Estate Developers' Association of Singapore (REDAS), and supported by National Arts Council (NAC) and NUS Museum.
• Dr Lilian Chee, Associate Professor and Leader of Research by Design Cluster, Department of Architecture, College of Design and Engineering at the National University of Singapore
• Charu Kokate, Senior Partner, Safdie Architects
• Jason Chen, Director (Place Management), Urban Redevelopment Authority
• Tay Tong, Director, Sector Development (Visual Arts), National Arts Council
• Ong Puay Khim, Deputy Director, Collections, Public Art and Head, Biennale Office, Singapore Art Museum
• Jason Ong, 3D Designer / Part-time Lecturer
• Grace Tan, Visual Artist, kowdrent